Trying to get two file servers set up between two locations - both on
residential connections, so no static IPs.  Want to have them
synchronize back and forth.

Had actually (gasp!) Considered Windows Server - as their DFS
(Distributed File System) does exactly what I want.  But, at
$800/server, puts it out of the budget for this project.  (Looked at
new hardware costs and I'd spend 3/4 of that on each machine for a
loaded little box!)  Currently using spare hardware, with plans to
upgrade when funds/needs allow/require.

Thinking DynamicDNS (of some sort) for identifying the other machine,
then poke a (single) hole for an SSH'd connection.  (Alternative:
upload a simple text file to a web-server with IP in it.  Wouldn't be
dependent upon DNS updates, but shot this idea down as one of them I'd
like to have a functional DNS entry for)

Considering rsync (over ssh) for the actual transfer, unless there's
some other (easier/more capable) solution.  (Concern: multi-user
changes at both locations)

Running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS currently on both machines.

Looked at Unison, but it isn't being developed anymore, and don't want
to start on a tool that is in discontinued status.

Thoughts, improvements?

Thanks!

-Keith Bachman