Stay away from the 192.168/23 as they're WAY to common.  If you connect from a friend's house using that subnet, you run the high risk of losing your VPN connection.  My recommendation is to renumber your home network to something uncommon (as suggest earlier).  If you plan on doing LAN gaming and such, setup a bridged VPN.  If you aren't doing anything that needs layer 2, specifically, go with a routed setup.

For what it's worth, the IPv6 payload patch is 2.2-RC now, if I remember correctly, and has been in the development snapshots for quite some time.  If you want real-time assistance, there is an IRC channel, #openvpn on Freenode.

Eric