That's not necc. a deal breaker. Does your modem go down many times a day and change the IP? When I was with qwest (years ago) the leases on my Cisco 575 modem lasted 7 days - as did my cable modems when I was on residential.

Just shut it down when you're done with it. No one will 1) notice or 2) care. You're not hosting, pumping lots of traffic, etc. the things that ISPs care about.