I suppose if you want to truely be a bottom feeder, go to the Hennepin
County transfer station in Brooklyn Park and ask if you can rummage
through their electronics collection dumpster.  If you can find 2 or
three computers there you might have enough for a complete system.   You
might find some components that work.
--
Timothy.