My favorite when you can actually take the hard drive out are the docks like
this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817388026&cm_re=sata_docking_station-_-17-388-026-_-Product

<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817388026&cm_re=sata_docking_station-_-17-388-026-_-Product>Plus
if you can get a USB 3.0 connection in your collecting machine it really
helps.  Otherwise the cable ones in the previous e-mails are great for
collecting in situ.  If this is just playing around then you don't need to
worry about write blockers but if you are ever in the position that a trial
could be a possibility I'd look at http://www.wiebetech.com/home.php

<http://www.wiebetech.com/home.php>Wiebetech has some really cool products
that are not all that expensive (still not cheap) including their really
tiny Usb write blocker which you can use with the SATA drive dock or
anything that registers as a USB mass storage.  Also really cool thing they
make is the Hotplug, you can actually transport a live desktop computer
without shutting it down.  I've seen a live demo but watch the video,
seriously fun stuff.  Don't forget to pickup your mouse jigglers =)

--j