No experience with Buffalo, but I've run a succession of Linksys 54
wireless routers - both C and G.  After a couple of years they become
unreliable, requiring frequent reboots.  My Apple Airport Express
stopped working after several years (used mostly for travel, so spends
the bulk of the time turned off).

IMHO, all consumer-grade gear is junk, so get the cheapest and buy a
cold-spare.  Microcenter had a Tenda W311R (N) on sale for $30 last time
I needed an AP.  It's been running for almost a year now and has similar
features to the Linksys (integrated 4-port switch, web-config, and
port-forwarding so I can access my home Linux server and security
cameras from anywhere on the internet).

Nice touch: should you need to press the "reset" button, they helpfully
print the default ip address and password on the label.