I use a Smoothwall as my primary firewall.

So I'm looking for opinions on the reliability between Cisco and Buffalo.
The Buffalo has two advantages that I can see.
#1 - gigabyte NICs
#2 - dd-wrt firmware

Both can be had with dual external antennas (MIMO)....
I just have a feeling that the 'quality' of Linksys has been declining since Cisco bought them.

Oh, by the way, if anyone is interested...
I have a couple items to sell:
#1 - Linksys WRT54G version 8 -- $25
[I was using it as a second access point, but I don't need the extended coverage lately]

#2 - Craftsman 14.4v cordless drill, one good battery, $20
key-less chuck with a clutch, single speed
[the second battery needs to be 'rebuilt' which would cost around $50 at Batteries Plus.]

Todd Young