  From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org [mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of T L
  Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 11:39 AM
  To: TCLUG Mailing List
  Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Hidden hard drive partitions

  Chuck -

  It is logically impossible for Tony to prove a negative, but all you'd have to do is one current reference to show that you're not
just blowing smoke. Care to do so?

  Thomas

    On Oct 1, 2010 4:51 AM, "Chuck Cole" <cncole at earthlink.net> wrote:

> [...]

    Too hard.  You show evidence that it cannot, including all variants of
    platter imaging.  Didn't say the drive "as delivered" could do it.  I worked
    in the most advanced read/write end of the industry doing modeling, etc.. If
    you have, you probably wouldn't ask.  If you haven't you might not have the
    PRML analysis, head design variant knowledge, knowledge of excess written
    space in data imaging on tracks, and spin stand background to follow the
    evidence.  Didn't say it was easy or cheap.  Did say it isn't trivial.

    Chuck