Dan Smith cried from the depths of the abyss...

> In regards to the original post I put in to tclug is, I'm looking for anyone that has experience with Smoothwall or a Linux firewall
> project that works with Qwest DSL. The diagram will look like as follows:

I have used Soothwall for 10 years or so at home, work, and other places.
SW or any Linux Firewall will work fine with your DSL.

> Internet (Qwest DSL) > Zytel Q100 DSL Modem > Smoothwall > SW Green Interface (Gigabit ethernet card) > EnGenius ESR9855G (Wireless-N
> Router & Gigabit Switch - In AP Mode Only).
>
> In theory, should it all work if I am able to take the DHCP Server function away from the Q100 Modem?

You don't need to remove the DHCP from the dsl modem.  Just set the
smoothwall outside interface (RED) to dhcp.  Unless you are given static
IP's from Qwest, don't monkey around with trying to turn off the dsl modem
dhcp.  Your outside interface IP might change from time to time, but who
cares unless you are planning on hosting something.

> Any ideas would help greatly! I've used Smoothwall with Comcast HSI before, and I'm familar with how that works. But, any insight that
> could be provided on the DSL solution would be great.

There is no difference from Qwest or comcast on how the smoothwall box
works.  You should have had the same setup with the outside interface
DHCP, and you own creative internal nating on the inside.