Dan Smith cried from the depths of the abyss...

> Hello tclug group,
>
> I'm looking to see if anyone on the tclug list has any experience with Qwest DSL and Smoothwall. And if anyone can provide some
> pointers/tips.  I have a Zytel Q100 modem from Qwest and my box that I would use for smoothie is a older IBM 6862 Pentium II, with approx
> 640mb ram and a 20gb drive.

Your hardware is more than adequate for Smoothwall.  Avoid using the
latest greatest NIC cards.

> Naturally smoothwall will be the interal DHCP server, and the network
connections off it will come from my EnGenius ESR9855G wireless N
> (gigabit) switch, which will be placed in AP mode.
>
> I welcome any ideas and suggestions on the topic.

If you want to use IDS, you'll need to obtain an oink code from snort.org.
Smoothwall is pretty solid, and works well.

Do you have any specific questions about Smoothwall?