On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 01:32:34AM -0400, Jason Hsu, embedded engineer, Linux user wrote:
> Have any of you ever started a Linux distro or played a major role in
> a distro?

It takes a lot of work to deal with the package churn.

>            I'm interested in starting a new distro based on antiX Linux.

What is your mission statement?  How will it be different?

> I just registered a project on Launchpad, but I'm not sure which license
> I should use,

You can choose whatever license you want for the modules/scripts that
you _author_.  Everything else (kernel, libc, shells) has already set
licenses that you need to abide by.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163