On Tue, 11 May 2010, Ryan Coleman wrote:

> Yes, but isn't Java part of Sun which is now Oracle?

I thought Sun was gone, swallowed whole by Oracle, but it turns out that
Sun has become a subsidiary of Oracle.  Thus Sun still exists and Java
seems to be "under the Sun," but I'm not sure if MySQL is part of the Sun
subsidiary or its own subsidiary.

http://www.sun.com/
http://www.oracle.com/us/products/mysql/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Microsystems