the only switch i can see is the touch wifi button and thats the only one
that does blink when i touch it. The speakers and other media buttons blink.

I could try and check the wiring on the wifi button.  I took a quick look at
the bios flasher from hp under immunity debugger to see how/where it
verified the pass. It would be nice if i could just forcefully overwrite the
bios with rouge data and without verifying the pass. Ive got a little bit of
assembly knowledge but Im ready to conquer this laptop. If I break it ill
just salvage the workable parts

Had tried cmospwd, didnt seem like it worked just gave me some random
unicode dump. I will post the data output later tonight