From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of G J
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 5:34 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Wireless N card issues

Did you check the bios for a switch? i've seen wifi enable/disable in
bios before.

________________________________

Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 17:22:54 -0500
From: james007wjs at gmail.com
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [tclug-list] Wireless N card issues

I aquired an hp elitebook 6930p with a intel 5300 wireless card. Pulled
the cmos battery to attempt to reset the bios password, but its written
to the bios. I had put windows 7 on there and it asked me for my
wireless pass during install. Installed updates and rebooted and now
wifi is broken. Says its turned off, in both win7 and linux. The little
wifi touch button doesnt change colors, but the other media buttons work
for the most part. Thats about the only place i see to turn the wifi on
and off. I tried messy with the settings and still no wifi. Tried
installing both windows 7 and 9.10 again, still broken. I did put an
older intel 5100 in there and it said it wasnt compatible. I even tried
moving the card to the other mini pci slot, no joy doesnt seem to
recongize that extra slot. I might try and put the 5300 in my asus
laptop with a live cd and see if the card is dead. Im sorta stuck on
where to go from here

The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your
inbox. Get started.
<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL
:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3>