On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 20:57, Andrew Berg <bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/30/2010 7:44 AM, Andy Schmid wrote:
>> Ok, so I just looked at http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/WebProxy a
>> little closer and its not really what you want with an ssh tunnel.
>> That said, there may be a transmission config for a generic proxy
>> which would work with ssh tunneling.  Also, you should take a look at
>> rtorrent.  Rtorrent is quite customizable and might be able to do what
>> you are looking for.
> I tried for several hours to get rTorrent to communicate properly with
> several web frontends in vain. I followed all the directions and it just
> refused to work. I had Transmission setup in 30 minutes.
>
>> Just curious, who do you go through for a seedbox?
> www.dedisales.com (A Kimsufi/OVH reseller). My friend set that up, so
> you'd have to talk to him. Contact me off-list if you're really interested.

Running torrents through proxies and tor massively slows down your
up/down. If you are trying to block certain sites.
Moblock/BlockControl with Mobloquer and Transmission with its Built In
Peer Guardian work wonderfully. Always make sure to use encrypted
peers as a mandatory feature. RTorrent can use moblock on the machine
it is running on or on the gateway out it doesn't have its own Peer
Guardian.

VampirePenguin

If there is a question to the validity of this email please phone for
validation. Proudly presented by Mutt, GNUPG, Vi/m and GNU/Linux via
CopyLeft. GNU/Linux is about Freedom to compute as you want and need
to, and share your work unencumbered and have others do the same with
you. Key :  0xD53A8E1