On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:34, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
<chrome at real-time.com> wrote:
> On 03/29 09:06 , Dan Armbrust wrote:
>> But if you want to watch full-screen online flash video - the more
>> power the better - this is funny only because it is so true
>>
>> http://xkcd.com/619/
>>
>> The hoverover tooltip even specifically mentions the intel driver :-)
>
> How much does the video card affect Flash playback? I would have thought it
> was a largely CPU-bound problem, but I guess it depends on how much the
> implementation uses the X video hooks.
>
> On a slightly unrelated issue; does anyone else find Flash on Linux crashes
> their browser more than it does on Windows?

adobe flash and adobe acrobat are the cause of a vast majority of my
browser crashes. i'm would to say that using adobe products is to be
considered harmful.

granted there are other things that crash Firefox, (and i am assuming
you meant Firefox). upgrading the browser(via a package manager) while
it is still open has caused it to crash several times on me, by
frequency this would be the number 2 cause of browser crashes.

nfs home disappearing for a while has caused it to crash, not
unexpected but many other applications did not crash.