Tony Yarusso wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Erik Anderson <erikerik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also use name.com for domain registrations. I used their DNS service
>> for a couple short weeks until I discovered that they choose to do
>> NXDOMAIN hijacking on invalid subdomains.
>
> ORLY?  I usually use a wildcard entry, so haven't encountered that,
> but that is mighty annoying...

Hmmmm... what about godaddy? Any nefarious hi-jacking going on there?
I could switch to linode (happy customer for almost a year now), or

On the original topic - I used to host my own DNS with djbdns. It worked
pretty well, but I didn't have a backup provider, and when you added up
the downtime from the DSL line and my server at home, it was nowhere
near 5 9's. I'd go back to it if needed since I now host at linode
with better pipe/server uptime.