On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Tony Yarusso <tonyyarusso at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Name.com as my domain registrar, and they provide all of my
> DNS with the registration, and I've been very happy with their service
> so far.  (No barrage of ads or other nonsense - just to the point.)  I
> don't believe they have any of the kinds of limits you referenced, and
> the prices vary by TLD and are quite reasonable.  A number of years
> ago I used a free DNS-only service called ZoneEdit, which is still
> around.  That was limited in number of domains and/or subdomains in
> some way - I don't remember the specifics.

I also use name.com for domain registrations. I used their DNS service
for a couple short weeks until I discovered that they choose to do
NXDOMAIN hijacking on invalid subdomains. After discovering that, I
promptly pointed my DNS over to linode's DNS service. I had an account
there and get free DNS hosting along with it if I choose. I've been
much happier with that service than with name.com's.

--
Erik Anderson
http://andersonfam.org