Well I've been with godaddy for some time now and their DNS that comes free
with the domain registration basically just works.  No issues and few
complaints since they made a few UI improvements.  I'm not sure there is any
limitation on subdomains though, I can try it out and see.

My only complaint with godaddy is the massive quantity of ads that you need
to wade through to buy any domain.  They have a new "skip all the junk and
just give the domain already" button now though which really helps.