I have a site on BlueHost, and so far everything is good.  They were good with
tech support, and were surprisingly cheap.

Most importantly, they let me set up a site without giving them DNS control.
I happen to like my local DNS provider, and most of the cheap hosts require
you to xfer at least part of the DNS to them.

Jeremy