+1 for the Motorolla Droid even though I keep spamming the list trying to reply with it. :p

I absolutely love the Android platform.  It's easy to use, easy to develop for, and easy to hack.  I picked up the Droid after having several old school Palm Treo's and I've not been disappointed yet... well except for my finger accidentally hitting send with the on-screen keyboard.

If the Droid isn't you cup of tea, you might try the Nokia N900.