On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, greg wm wrote:

> drat, power supply fan went, you know the bad smell, mobo didn't survive
> either.  bad luck.  i need a box pronto, begged, borrowed, or bought
> cheap, nothing special, as long as i can stack it with 768mb ram or
> better.  any offers?  where does one go for used?  i hate to patronize
> walmart, but a $300 laptop sounds tempting.  saw good remarks about asus
> here a few weeks back.  current suggestions?

See info below that I sent to a friend.  I like the Asus EeePC netbook
quite a lot.  It's running great.  The one problem I had was with the
power supply (see below), but this was resolved -- it sometimes has to be
reset; just unplug it from the wall for a couple of minutes and then plug
it back in.

Mike