Well I've been through mergers, and I feel your pain. It sounds like
you're the Sys Admin. unfortunately both companies information isn't
magickally going to appear the way they want it. I would still use
those tools and maybe present to your boss/es that you won't have any
down time during business hours in this conversion IF we can do this.
I want to start  with 45 days, maybe 30 of informaton, build that up
so it's production ready. Once that machine/s is ready convert
everyone over to the new servers. Then in a metric that is reasonable
to your boss bring in data in 2-4 week increments until it is all
online. Maybe it's not a matter of getting a new tool/s because it
sounds like you have them. Break the elephant down in bite size chunks
that won't cripple work hours and the conversion can be managed and
hopefully because it is more organized, etc it lowers the bottom line
in some measureable way. Maybe you will get to go shopping for some
new machines and or periphials that weren't around when this system
was orignally designed but would increase reliability, up time, data
integrity, etc

Hey and I could be all wrong in this possible "out of the box" solution.

VP