Adam wrote, On 03/11/10 14:18:
> Hello all,
>
> At home I'm running a Centos 5 server with Samba shares for a home file
> server.
> I have a couple of Linux workstations but most are Windows based
> (Roommates).
>
> I'm looking for a anti-virus solution to run on the Centos server to try
> and catch anything that might be missed by the various AV applications
> running on the client side.
>
> Something open source would be ideal.  I stumbled across ClamAV but that
> appears to be more for scanning incoming/outgoing email.

> --Adam

Google is your friend.  This is a howto on getting samba + clamav +
samba-vscan to work on a CentOS 5.2 system.

http://www.howtoforge.com/samba-clamd-samba-vscan-on-centos-5.2

samba-vscan gives on access scanning through clamav when files are
accessed through samba.  This is nice since it's not scanning the
complete filesystem, only what was shared via samba.

Chris