On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 12:02:05PM -0600, Ryan Coleman wrote:
> So... an Apple Airport fits the bill. It's software is free, it's run on
> a flavor/port of Linux...

I'll chain myself to Cisco before buying Apple hardware again.

Look at the feature(s):

   "With AirPort Express connected to your DSL or cable modem, up to 10
   users at a time can surf the web, send email, annihilate the
   competition in multiplayer games, and much more — wire-free"

   10 users?  How generous.  Or performant.

Plus, it has no built-in gigabit switch.  I'd like to use the router
to separate the mail/web server into a real DMZ, but I still want to
access it a gigabit speed from the wired boxes - some e-mails can be
quite large, and some photos can run into tens of megabytes too.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163