I use the Ubiquiti PicoStation and Bullet APs running DD-WRT (pro) on them
and they are very solid.  Although I tend to use them for evil hacking and
less day to day use.  They are super cheap and even come in the HP version
with 1W of serious brain scrambling power.  Also they are very small and are