Thanks Mr Buzz Kill with your well researched and logical arguments.  Well
my research indicates that I like reply-to-list better.

While your points are certainly valid I think that 99% of the time on a list
like this one the default action would be reply-to-list and if someone does
accidentally reply to the list when they didn't want to it would most likely
be some side geekery too inane for public consumption.  I could see how the
"Lets talk about our cheating abusive husbands/wives/hamsters" list might
not be that way.

But I'll change my vote to: Whatever

AND IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME YOU CAN COME TP MY HOUSE AT 1006 SUMMIT
AVENUE!