On 3/3/2010 4:24 AM, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> Now that the historical archive has been presented, I'll finally get to
> my reason for opposing the use of Reply-To headers by mailing list:
> It's a matter of privacy and security.

A fairly well thought-out post which refers to the "historical" posts:
http://aperiodic.net/phil/archives/Geekery/list-reply-to.html

Traditionally a Windows desktop guy, I've made the transition to mostly
FOSS desktop applications, including almost *everything* from Mozilla.
Thunderbird (specifically the nightly build, Shredder, currently at
3.2a1) does a really good job of this.  I had a Reply List button on
this message that is native to the app.  In my case, the MUA has solved
the problem for me.

Jim

P.S. As a side note, I couldn't be happier with my email/calendaring
experience at the moment.  Lightning (the calendar add-on for
Thunderbird) plus the Google Data Provider gives me up-to-date
read-and-write access to my shared Gmail Calendars, which is more
functionality than I've ever had at home...