On 03/02 01:32 , John Trammell wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <
> chrome at real-time.com> wrote:
> > [snip]
> I also have root access to the mailing list server, so if I wanted to be
> > autocratic about it I could just make the change unilaterally. However, I
> > think that would be rather irresponsible.
> Maybe.  Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than get permission.  :-)

I know that. I do want to at least avoid the appearance of being an
autocrat; however benevolent an autocrat I might be. :)

Here's what I'm going to do. I'll give a week for anyone to chime in with a
solid vote or 3 for the status quo (not just a "I can deal with it, why
can't you?") __backed up by good reasons__. Absent that, I'll change the
list behavior. Even with it, I might change it anyway, since the current
behavior bugs the heck out of me too.

> > I'd really like to see a webpoll done on this. I think we used to do such
> > things on the www.tclug.org website, but that site is bit-rotted so badly
> > it's pathetic. (If anyone has any interest in cleaning it up, please let me
> > know).
>
> I'll give it a whirl.  What needs to be done?

I'll msg you privately. Mostly it just needs someone to take out some MySQL
code and fix up dead links.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator