On 03/02 10:04 , Mike Miller wrote:
> I think we should have the list do "Reply-To" because (1) I often get
> replies sent to me and not to the list when they were clearly meant for
> the list -- that happens more on this list than elsewhere, and (2) I'm
> used to lists that use "Reply-To" so that the keystrokes I'm used to
> performing will send my message "to all" on TCLUG instead of just to the
> list (what I want).  The argument against fixing this seems pretty weak to
> me.

I have to agree here. I've been around this list long enough (good grief,
11+ years now, tho not always subscribed) that I remember this debate coming
up before.

I don't remember what the arguments were for the current behavior; mostly I
remember Chewie making them and that they were halfway sane.

Personally, I much prefer the 'normal' behavior of replies going to the
list instead of to the individual.

I also have root access to the mailing list server, so if I wanted to be
autocratic about it I could just make the change unilaterally. However, I
think that would be rather irresponsible.

I'd really like to see a webpoll done on this. I think we used to do such
things on the www.tclug.org website, but that site is bit-rotted so badly
it's pathetic. (If anyone has any interest in cleaning it up, please let me
know).

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator