On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Tom Poe <tompoe at meltel.net> wrote:
> Can someone
> point me to a set of linux commands to document what my computer is,
> now?  I want to check hardware setup.

lshw (List Hardware) works nicely.  For more specific components,
lspci, lsusb, and fdisk -l are also useful.

> but want to upgrade to Ubuntu10.4

Glad to hear it.  In addition to the distro-independent city-based
LUG, I'll also mention that we have an Ubuntu-focused statewide Local
Community that may be of interest to you - more info at
http://ubuntu-minnesota.org/

> In other words, want to reformat both drives, and treat as
> one.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Should be simple as pie from the Ubuntu installer - just select the
"erase everything and use entire disk" (or similar wording) option.

 - Tony Yarusso