Interesting - have been looking at the Group-Office web site and SF project.

How do you run it - their hosted version or your local install?  Is this for your personal use or for your organization?

I've been wondering what to change to.  Since my employer and my customers all use Outlook as the client, and my phone is a Windoze Mobile, I've just been using Outlook with a .pst on my server for many years (easy familiarity and phone sync).  One of these days I will get a new phone; probably some Android option (while Apple is good, I'm just not a #fanboy), and I wonder about syncing.  It's also not attractive to be forced to sync the Android through Google... need to learn more about those requirements/options.  I'd rather just sync my phone to something on my machine or directly to my/hosted server software.

From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org [mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Sean Waite
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 4:23 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Equipment for sale?

Absolutely love Group-Office, it is in my opinion the best of all webmail/groupware offerings. I have tried out over the years just about every one available. Closest I think was Roundcube, but even that it had it's own drawbacks and shortcomings. I have used Group Office for around 5-6 years now ( I can't even remember when I first installed it). I have to say I can not think of a time that it was unstable, problematic, etc. I pretty much have the same installation and database (with upgrades and updates) running now since the very first install.

At Tuesday, 08-06-2010 on 16:45 Mike Miller wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Mr. B-o-B wrote:

> On 06/08/2010 09:51 AM, Sean Waite wrote:
>
>> Hasn't it been the case where people have posted directly to this list
>> for years now? I do not remember the separate trading list operational
>> for some time. Besides, this list is pretty dead as of late (did
>> everyone switch to i<insert latest Apple fad>?
>
> Apple?  Do you mean Fisher-Price?

Funny thing -- the "<insert latest Apple fad>" was deleted in the plain
text of the previous message and it appeared only in the HTML attachment.
I had no idea what it was about until I saw this reply.  I guess it's a
Group-Office bug, but other than that, how do you like Group-Office?

Mike