First of all, youtube not working COULD be considered an advantage (;

Second, what the heck are you doing in NH? (;

Ok, for real.

A few years ago I got a Lian-Li case. I have never, ever looked back.
Whenever I build a 'real' computer I get a Lian-Li case. They're good
stuff.

AMD still makes the price/performance CPU. Now I usually go for the
one-gen-behind chip because that makes your price go WAY down, so I might
go for the Phenom II X4 965 ($180 @newegg), but I'd be very very tempted
to go for the Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition (~$300 @newegg) because
hey, six cores. There's a non-black-edition 2.8GHz version of that CPU for
about $200, too.

Those won't be as super-fast as the Intel i7, but they cost a HELL of a
lot less (the i7 six core 3.2GHz chips are like $1,000).

I /do/ start at the CPU and work my way from there. One of those CPUs
tells you you need an AM3 motherboard. Then you go for the features you
want on a motherboard (how many/what kind of SATA, LAN, etc). Newegg's
advanced and power search are great for this. Then you get whatever kind
of RAM you need for that.

Case and PSU are independant of the rest of the computer (well, you need
to make sure the PSU has the right connections for the motherboard). I
usually then get enough silent fans to install and/or replace in the case,
as well as a silent CPU cooler.

Dammit, now you've made me want to build a computer!