On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Sunny wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Mike Miller <mbmiller+l at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, auditodd at comcast.net wrote:
>>
>>> Right now they can only offer 7MB in my neighborhood, but I can get
>>> that with Comcast so I see no reason to switch at this time.
>>

>> I'm paying something like $65/mo for Comcast and Qwest is charging
>> $29.99/mo for the first 6 months with no contract.  Is the money a
>> reason to switch?  Then, if you go back to Comcast in 6 months, they'll
>> give you a better deal than you're getting from them now.
>

> There will be about 50$ installation fee each time you switch, so its
> about 10$ month more.

Sort of.  With Qwest there was a $70 modem to buy, and there was a $50
installation fee, but they gave me a $50 Visa Gift Card that I could use
to pay off the bill.  I'm not sure that the modem is worthless after 6
months, so the Qwest service may cost $42/mo for 6 months with the modem
cost added in.

Mike