I'm just hoping they actually establish the service!  The fastest they offer for me currently is the 1.5 down 800 up.  We do plenty of streaming, so it becomes a saturated pipe (surfing is slower, extra buffering needed).  40 down will be wonderful (5 would even be a serious improvement!)!

-----Original Message-----
From: "Mike Miller" <mbmiller+l at gmail.com>
Sent: 7/21/10 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Qwest special ending (was "FIOS first experience")

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Jeff Jensen wrote:

> Thanks for the alert Mike!  I emailed her and received the expected
> response (I occasionally check and wonder about switching to cable, but
> prefer not to switch at the moment): "Fiber is coming to your specific
> location late October of 2010, sorry, it's not at your location yet."

That's only 3-4 months away, and I expect they'll have a good deal for you
at that time.  The $29.99/mo price doesn't seem to be going away, but the
$30 off on the modem ended at 4 pm today, she said, because of the end of
their fiscal year, or quarter, or something.  I think $29.99 for 40/20
Mbps is a really good deal for people who can use the bandwidth.  The
truth is, most people are probably fine with about 1 Mbps down and even
slower up.

Mike