I forgot to add a couple of things:

You can have one single static IP that you order yourself online after
installation for $5.95 per month.

The Qwest modem gives you four or five ports for computers so that they
can connect directly instead of via a router.

The Qwest modem also provides a wireless access point.  I forgot to ask if
it is 802.11g or 802.11n.

I don't have a Wii, but apparently that works quite well with this system
because she talked about it a lot even though I wasn't asking.

I just placed my order.  I'll tell you if I find anything remarkable about
the service after I get it.  One thing I don't know about is the Qwest
service's Linux-friendliness, or lack thereof.  I do have one Windows box,
still, and a few Linux boxes, but would prefer to move away from Windows
and have them set it up using the Linux box.  If the configuration is done
using a web browser and not some specialized software, then I can probably
do it from Linux easily.

Mike