Just a bit of clarification - 20mb/896kbps is *not* FIOS - Qwest
advertises this as "Fiber optic fast", but what it really means is that
they run fiber to the DSLAM that serves your line. 20mbit/896kbit is
ADSL2+.

Qwest does offer VDSL in certain parts of the metro, which is available at
speeds of 40mbit/20mbit, 40mbit/5mbit, and also adds a 5mbit upstream
option to 20mbit, 12mbit, and 7mbit tiers. If you got 896k upstream,
however, you are ADSL2+, not VDSL.

As far as I know Qwest does not have any plans to roll out a real
fiber-to-the-home option - it's all fiber to the 'neighborhood' with
various technologies running over copper to deliver the service.

(Of course, Qwest does offer fiber services to businesses, but it's quite
a bit more money than we're talking for DSL.. *grin*)