On Jul 14, 2010, at 13:00:06, Mike Miller wrote:

> One is Western Digital and the other is Samsung.  I was having the same
> problem with either one.  Check this out:
>
> $ uptime
>  12:54:24 up 224 days, 23:59, 23 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.12, 0.09
>
> I really want to reboot this machine, but I'm always using it for some big
> job.  Probably within the next month or two I'll shut it down, upgrade
> some components, install Ubuntu 10.04 and bring it back up.  Then I can
> test the file transfer speed again.

*cough*

ecrist at puma:~-> uptime
 1:15PM  up 787 days,  3:17, 11 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.04, 0.07

It would have 1005 more days, but our data center where this box resides had a PDU failure which knocked out half the customers.  You know who you are, data center.  Oh, that's a FreeBSD box, so I don't suspects many on a LUG list to see numbers that big. :P

Before you all jump on me for not having it updated, it's a FreeBSD 4.11 box on a private LAN running internal software.  Rest assured this box is on it's way out in the next 6 months.

Anyone beat that?
---
Eric Crist