We have been able to get up to 20 MB with the DSL2 option for about a year
now. Although I know what a CO is I know very little about DSL- thought it
was terrible with Qwest years ago when I tried it out. Not sure where the
CO is located in my area since I'm with cable. Until I get FIOS at home I'm
stuck/sticking with cable.

BTW Comcast has said it is not interested in FTTH either, but at least
Qwest is slowing getting their feet wet in this arena despite what they
have said.

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 13:59:23 -0500, Ryan Coleman <ryanjcole at me.com> wrote:
> I think it's specific Central Offices; there's one near my apartment and
> Qwest has been doing a lot of buried cable work/running new bundles
along
> Upper Afton Road, too.
>
> So it could just be your CO is not one of those that has Optics running
> it.
>
> On Jul 7, 2010, at 1:51 PM, Jeremy MountainJohnson wrote:
>
>> I am also in 55417 area and have been waiting for this- haven't seen a
>> flier or been notified via e-mail that I had previously signed up for.
>> look forward to hearing about how your experience- I am very tired of
the
>> cable monopoly on high speed Internet in Minneapolis :)
>>
>> On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:52:13 -0500, Donovan <dniesen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I received the same flyer in my area (55417) and bit on it.  I'm a
>>> sucker for big bandwidth.  I should have it hooked up by this Friday
>>> and can provide any gory details.
>>>
>>> Apparently it's 40Mb/20Mb.  I can just imagine a bunch of basement
>>> colo operations appearing around the cities.

MSN