Mike Miller wrote:

> My theory is that Microsoft wants to create messages that don't look
> right in non-Microsoft MUAs.  They try to complicate their HTML to
> achieve this goal, thereby making absurdly large messages.  If
> successful, people will think "my email only looks right if I read it
> in a Microsoft email client," so they'll use one and they will send
> the ugly messages that no one can read without Microsoftware.
> Microsoft will get a stranglehold on the market.

That is one conspiracy.
I like the notion that maybe they use bloat injectors in the form of a
digital turkey baster on their code and thru a neurotic dysfunction they
make their apps that generates content also do the same thing like in
Outlook HTML content.

Dev1: Why are we including bloatinjector.dll to outlook.exe again?
Dev2: What? What are you talking about? bloatinjector.dll is the lifeblood
of our code. Keep coding.

Imagine if something came from microsoft that was small in digital
footprint. Wouldn't you immediately suspect something was wrong? Maybe a
virus? Maybe a scam? How could this word document possibly be 2KB in size?
Saving a completely empty document is about 24 KB!