On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, Florin Iucha wrote:

> I have asked last month for real-world examples on how HTML e-mail is
> helping people get the job done, have fun, whatever...  And I got no
> positive answers.

I *never* use HTML mail, but it is easy to see how it can be a good thing.
Suppose I want to send a message that includes three figures (maybe graphs
of some data I'm working with) along with captions and text.  Apparently,
that can be done with ordinary HTML mail.

I have other ways of doing that kind of thing, ways that I prefer (like
making a web site and directing people to it), but that isn't all that bad
of a way to go.  It could be fully FOSS.  I'd usually rather receive that
kind of message than a Microsoft Word attachment.

Mike