> I have tried to use my browser (Opera) to access certain sites in Fedora
> (9,10,11,12), but more and more often am told that the site requires Adobe
> plug-ins like shockwave and flashplayer. My machine runs 64-bit x86_64
> Fedora.
>
> I have downloaded libflashplayer.so, understood to be a 32-bit library, but
> I am at a loss as far as where to put libflashplayer.so in the filesystem. I
> have tried various locations, such as /lib/mozilla/plug-ins, and
> /us/lib/opera/plug-ins and extensions.

Have you tried installing gnash from source. It was the only way I could
get my powerpc with Ubuntu to play flash decent. Deb packages did not do
the trick, but it is working great now. The README file has the make
command for the Mozilla plugin. My default it will install in the
current users ./mozilla plugin folder, even if you use sudo, unless you
set it during ./configure

http://www.gnashdev.org/