On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Joel Dick <joel_cd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dare I ask why people don't like Linkedin? Just wondering, as a few people have recommended that I sign up there, that it's good for job networking.

It claims to give you a "network of trust" or some other word for
trustworthy businesspeople you know, but it is mostly just a
popularity contest like Facebook for business people who are too good
for Facebook.  People add contacts that they've never met in person
regularly, defeating any semblance of this network of trust that
Linkedin is supposed to provide.
And when you sign up, it asks you for your e-mail password so that it
can try to spam everyone in your contacts, which would be how that
e-mail got sent to this mailing list.
I know for a fact that I have a whole lot of people in my e-mail
contact list who I would not consider to be someone I trust, not
necessarily because the person is not trustworthy, but because I don't
know them well enough to vouch for them.
- Justin