http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=cae

http://linuxappfinder.com/package/scilab

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Science-and-Engineering/Mathematics/Scilab-19592.shtml

http://alternativeto.net/desktop/scilab/

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/2/?q=tw

My post about distros still stands. There are about 8 specific binary
distros. And you can get it form source and MatLab is an alternative or
one of them. I'm Partial to Arch. Remember just because a "new" animal
comes out, or theres and update. Unless it is a security issue or to fix
a specific bug in your application/process. I am of the school of DON'T
touch a production machine thats working! Using a production machine
like a desktop user or to help as a "beta" tester is a bad idea.