On 2/22/2010 10:00 AM, Thomas Rieff wrote:
> *TCLUG,*
>
> *I am trying to configure Samba.*
>
> *Went to reboot and now it hangs at the fstab.*
>
> *I opened fstab and uncommented the last line.*
>
> *That did not help and I cannot get to a command prompt.*
>
> *Any ideas???*
>
> *Tom*

What are the contents of fstab? Did you make any modifications to it
(such as adding mount points) after installing samba?

You can try to interrupt the fs mount by hitting ctrl-c at the hang. I
have this problem (not really a problem) on my freebsd laptop (on WiFi)
since the interface does not come up until after attempting to mount
fstab NFS mounts, which hangs until I interrupt the mount process.

What is your syslog/kernel messages telling you?