I have used Owl UltraLite

http://owl.anytimecomm.com/

(The link brings you to the page for OWL, which a heavier Document
Management system, under the downloads you can get Owl UltraLite. )

There is a public demo here,
http://owl.anytimecomm.com/demo-owl/demo-owl-ul

They also have a webdav interface....humm.... ( I don't know much about
webdav).

Not exactly sure how that will work on a per-user basis.  But I would
think you could figure something out.

==>brian.