> Plus whatever protections the file permissions provide.  If a directory is
> 755 but a file in it is 600, that's better protection than if the file is
> 644.  If they made the file 644 in a directory that is 755, that would be
> especially reckless, so I was wondering about that.  If they made the file
> 600, that would suggest that they see the problem, but they think the file
> permission is enough to deal with it.
>
> Mike

dana at strongbad:~ =>ls -al .kde/share/apps/okular/docdata/
total 4
drwx------ 2 dana dana  88 2010-02-15 11:43 .
drwx------ 3 dana dana 104 2010-02-15 11:43 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 dana dana 363 2010-02-15 11:43 31460.sample.pdf.xml

Sigh.  But the directory permissions above the file are 700.

The fact that the file even exists without the app informing me about
it is what irks me.

Dan