On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Jason Hsu, Linux user wrote:

> Have you tried Puppy Linux or antiX Linux?  Puppy Linux is user-friendly and
> very lightweight - not much more than 100MB.

Oh, I don't really need it to be that lightweight. Even a modest thumbdrive is
like 8 gigs by now. So I don't feel the need to give up on the
latest-and-greatest versions of some things.

> I don't like Ubuntu because it's too slow and bloated, but then, my computers
> have only 256-384 MB of RAM.  Those with 1 GB of RAM or more would beg to
> differ.

Yeah, I'd be one of those people. I'm not trying to build a lightweight Linux
install - I just want to have a nice portable Linux install I can take with
when I'll be at other peoples' place and I don't want to have to use their
system. I don't really worry about having to run it on really old machines.

-Yaron