On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 09:08:20PM -0600, bob wrote:
> I'm glad you all love Linux so much. I said I like it too! But there are
> some things that Windows does better for some users. Especially in the
> workplace cubicle.  If Linux was so superior, and FREE, then Microsoft
> would not exist.  Prove me wrong? You CAN'T prove me wrong,

How about the many news articles where "X moves to Linux" whether is a
city in Europe or a school district someplace and then a few months
later you heart that 'they got a deal from Microsoft' to keep Windows?
Those budget decisions are taken by a few people, who are corruptible
or dumb.  And the bribe does not have to be obvious, or paid by
Microsoft directly - as an IT director, you'd rather have a big budget
and an army of low-paid MCSEs to keep rebooting and re-imaging the
same rooted boxes than a few experienced but expensive UNIX admins that
can manage the same amount of computing power.

Plus, Linux started when Microsoft was already entrenched and it takes
a while to fall from 95% market penetration.  But fall it does, year
by year.

> Windows will remain dominant until people admit Linux has faults and do
> something about them. I'm not seeing that here!

I'm glad Windows has no faults.  Er... wait...

> Now if you will excuse me, I have some documents that need to be scanned
> and OCR'd.  I will have to reboot to Windows.

Godspeed.

florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163