I started using Linux back in the DOS days when the company I worked for
wanted me to study the differences between the new Microsoft Windows OS
that was just introduced, and Linux for the work place.

Although I loved Linux compared to DOS, there just wasn't any quality,
user friendly office productivity software.

About 2 years ago I heard of Ubuntu and gave it a try. WOW what a
difference. I am using Linux more and Windows less every day... on my
home computer.

If I were in the same position I was in years ago, I would sill have to
go with Windows because of the lack of quality, user friendly
productivity software.  AS much and as fast as Linux had evolved, it
still can't compete in the office environment with non-techie users.

Give me some GOOD OCR software and much better hardware compatibility,
and I will change my mind, throw out Windows, and never look back!

The most important point though, is that Linux lovers need to stop
arguing with me and fix the problems.  If you don't, Linux will always
be inferior to Windows for the masses.  But then.... isn't that what
some of you really want?